It makes you feel great!
There has been lots of research into singing and well-being to prove something that people who sing regularly already know.
- Singing makes you feel better, it lifts your spirits. It takes you out of the cares of the day and can release endorphins.
- Singing physically reduces tension in the body and lowers the levels or stress hormone (cortisol) in the blood stream.
- Singing improves your posture and breathing and has a positive effect on your circulation– oxygenating your cells.
- Singing is an active pursuit which can be taken up despite physical disability or injury.
- Singing improves concentration, memory and mental alertness.
- Singing clears your sinuses and respiratory tubes and the toning of the soft tissues of the throat can help reduce snoring.
- Singing gives you immediate pleasure (your sacculus organ in the inner ear is connected to the part of the brain which registers pleasure).